This was a delightful shock – Tori has nominated me for a blog award (ta da) if you like reading and all things artsy/poppy over to her site and check it out.
This award is the The Liebster Award. (Here I was thinking that only I read my verbal outbursts…)
This award is meant to promote new and obscure blogs and bring new followers to their armies. Rules – there are rules people. Who doesn’t love a rule? I am a rule follower 100%.
The rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you. check
- Give 11 random facts about yourself. check
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator. check
- Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers. check
- Come up with 11 questions for them to answer. check
- Inform your nominees. check
1. I’m a massive melodic metal music listener
2. I am obsessed with time
3. I have seen more of the USA than of my own country (nearly visited every US state) – Australia oops!
4. I can recite word for word most of the FRIENDS episodes
5. I think I am a rollercoaster junkie – both the rides and the construction
6. I need to be near the ocean or I go a bit crazy
7. I love cold weather and dream of Scotland/Alaska a lot
8. I cry in most Disney films
9. I prefer baths and I am a night time bather/shower user
10. I was an elite gymnast
11. The children’s TV show – Sooty,Sweep and Soo will always cheer me up
My new and obscure nominees
[Disclaimer—I have no idea if these are new enough (they are new on my blogging horizons) or obscure enough for this award, but that depends on your definition of those concepts.
1. Why did you create your blog? When did you start it?I started it after my heart was hurting last October and I needed to distract myself – plus I need to get into the habit of writing
2. Other than reading, blogging, and watching tv, how do you fill your time? Yoga, playing in the ocean and nature, watching movies and investigating interesting arts/cultural activities
3. As pleased as you are about this nomination, do you wish I hadn’t nominated you? Go ahead. Be honest. This award is a lot of work. Not at all it is very nice that someone else even reads my blog!
4. Has blogging created a community around you that you never expected? Or are you a [wo]man on an island surrounded by a sea of blog posts? Not overly but I now have a lot of extra reading material due to the blogs I enjoy.
5. Can you list all 50 states alphabetically? Well in Australia we have states and territories… 2 territories – Australian Capitol Territory and the Northern Territory then our states are; New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
6. My blog is directly related to my day job—what do you do for a living? Is it reflected in your blog? I am an EA for TV production – elements of that pop into my blog
7. Quick decision: Friends or Seinfeld? Eep the trauma of this decision – Seinfeld…
8. Are you a roadtripper? Do you use maps or just go where the road takes you? Where was your last adventure? Not overly a roadtripper but I love travel – just came back from the Great Barrier Reef
9. How do you spend your Sundays? Relaxing, exercising and getting ready for work and doing household chores.
10. Can you juggle? A little…
11. What is the one saying your grandparents always said that stuck with you? You can’t leave the table until you eat everything on your plate (it was always full of rockmelon ew)
My questions to you:
1) Favourite childhood memory?
2) Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3) What makes you laugh?
4) If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5) Do you have a nickname? What is it?
6) Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
7) What are some of your pet peeves?
8) How many pillows do you sleep with?
9) Did you own a care bear? If not – favourite toy?
10) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
11) Do you collect anything?
Super thanks to Tori for this – Look I did it!I did